Best Pipes For Smoking Herb at Home (+ Buying Guide)
Weed pipes are just as important as the quality of your bud.
The reason you would want a good pipe is because, a weed pipe will not only look cool but it'll also help with lung health by filtering more tar than other materials.
Whether you're looking to smoke outside, inside, or somewhere in between, there's a pipe perfect for you. Check out this post to learn more about what we think are the top 12 best weed pipes for smoking weed at home.
What is Pipe and What is it Used for?
A weed pipe is a device made of various materials intended to be used with cannabis. Some cannabis pipes are designed for use with tobacco while others are meant only for marijuana consumption and cannabis concentrates, cannabis oil or other cannabis extracts. Cannabis waterpipes range in size from small glass "straws" that can typically accommodate about 1 cannabis cigarette's worth of cannabis to huge bongs that can hold as much cannabis as six cannabis cigarettes.
Some weed pipes are made from materials such as silicone, ceramic and plastic which do not produce dangerous fumes when heated to the point where cannabis is burned and inhaled. Weed smoking devices come in all shapes and sizes and can be crafted from cannabis glass or cannabis stone, as well as other materials.
Types Of Pipes
- Bongs: Weed water pipe designed for cannabis smoking. Bongs can be made from cannabis glass or cannabis stone, as well as other materials such as wood and acrylic.
Related Article: How To Use a Bong to Smoke Weed | Pros and Cons
- Bowls: Weed pipe that looks like a bowl with a tiny spoon on the end of it. Although many bongs have built-in bowls that will work just fine if a separate weed bowl is not available.
- Bubblers: A cannabis water pipe with a water chamber and "carb" (a tiny hole to clear the cannabis smoke from the cannabis smoking device). Bubblers are typically small enough to be concealed in the palm of your hand when cannabis is smoked from them.
- Buckets [or "bucket bongs"]: Weed water pipe with a round cannabis bowl on one end and a cylindrical cannabis smoke-cooling chamber on the other.
- Gravitron: A type of gravity bong in which a hole in the side of an upside-down bucket is blocked by a finger, and cannabis smoke fills the bucket until high pressure builds up and cannabis smoke is forced through the cannabis smoking device, allowing cannabis smokers to inhale cannabis from cannabis waterpipes.
- Hand Pipes: Small cannabis smoking devices that are typically shaped like a cannabis cigarette, cigar or "blunt" (a cannabis cigarillo) and intended to be held in your hand while you smoke cannabis.
- Pipes: A general term for all cannabis smoking devices that do not require water to smoke cannabis from.
Related Article: Stylish Cannabis Gifts For Cannabis Enthusiasts That Are a Hit
Herb Pipes Buying Guide
No matter what type of weed pipe you choose to smoke weed out of, there are a few different features that must be considered when making your weed pipe purchase. The size and shape of weed bowls vary so it is important to get one that suits your weed smoking needs and weed smoking style.
1. If you want a weed bowl for weed wax, there are weed pipes made specifically for marijuana concentrates. Some weed smoking devices feature carb holes that allow cannabis smokers to clear all of the cannabis smoke from cannabis water pipes before each hit.
2. The weed bowl shape is also an important factor, as some weed smoking devices are meant to be held in your hand while you take cannabis hits and others can be set down on a flat surface after cannabis is smoked. Pipes made for cannabis concentrates must be strong and thick to withstand the heat of cannabis wax.
3. The majority of cannabis bongs come equipped with a bowl piece that fits into the top, where cannabis is ground up and packed into the weed bowl. Some do not have built-in bowls and require smokers to supply their bowl pieces.
4. The size and shape of cannabis bongs vary widely, so cannabis smokers should be familiar with the cannabis water pipe they are purchasing beforehand to ensure it is the right size and shape to suit their cannabis smoking needs.
Recommended Best Herb Pipes
We have broken our list into several categories so that you can make an informed buying decision.
Pipes With Unique Artistic Design
From design classics and unique artistic creations to practical designs with deep bowls, carbs (that hole on the side of the pipe that lets you control airflow), and a few that come apart for easier packing and cleaning. Here are some weed pipes for the discerning smoker.
1. The Cob Pipe by The Green Cannabis Co
An "old-timey" classic design straight from the books of Mark Twain. Made from sustainable materials so you can smoke soundly with a green-conscious.
A modern commitment to tread more lightly on the earth without plastic or metal. Corncob bowl with birch stem, no plastic or metal and all-natural sealed mouthpiece. It’ll last for years with regular maintenance, and it’s completely biodegradable when its time is done.
2. Ghost Peach Pipe Flower by Edie Parker
The most expensive weed pipe under this category is the $95. An expertly hand-blown glass pipe with a peach motif with other crafted pipes also available.
For the ultimate high-concept fruit bowl, group the strawberry, grape, lemon, banana, and peach pipes together in your collection. Humble Pride Glass makes all of its glass by hand in America.
3. The Nomad One-Hitter Pipe by Tetra
For the tech-minded smoker, this offers a brass-and-aluminium design. The Nomad opens with a trough that carries about .5g of bud, then magnetically seals itself shut again - very clever!
The Nomad is a small brass and aluminum travel pipe created by Solstice Studios that swings open at the touch of a finger to reveal a spring-loaded bat and a trough for carrying smoking materials.
Pipes That Can Be Easily Found in Headshops
1. The Cannabox Lemon Hand Pipe
Our top recommendation in this category and with good reasons. Though a basic cannabis pipe, its vibrant yellow and a delicate green leaf lemon is a novel design. And its mini size fits perfectly in the hand for easy travel and discreet smoking.
Portable and sleek, this smooth, lemon-shaped glass pipe feels solid and comfortable to the touch in order to give you a fresh, comfortable hit.
NB: Cannabox is a well established online head store with a complete range of smoking accessories. Being a respected store, they know a thing or two about great products and what their customers look for in weed pipes.
2. Keith Haring Spoon Pipe
For a classic 80s hand-crafted glass pipe, this displays iconic artwork using a hand-applied and heat-resistant design. For the art-loving smoker, its flat mouthpiece and wide-rimmed base results in a unique style.
The K.Haring Spoon offers an immersive smoking experience and has improved airflow and Keith Haring's renowned artwork. This hammer-style pipe, which is strong and lightweight and is painstakingly made of borosilicate glass, has exceptional flavor. The Spoon has a flat mouthpiece and a base with a broad rim for a comfortable grip.
Budget and Premium Weed Pipes
Here is a list for those on a practical budget or seekers of premium models.
1. The Everyman's Bowl - Simple Glass Spoon Hand Pipe
The cheapest one listed at $9.99. Colorful old fashioned spoon pipes that are simple, affordable, and made well.
Colorful, fashionable, easy, and inexpensive. Look no further if you enjoy puffing on a colorful hand pipe or an antique spoon pipe. With simple upkeep and straightforward cleaning, these thick-made spoons will serve you for a long time while maintaining their clear glass surface.
2. Canada Puffin Arctic Bubbler
An expertly handcrafted glass and wood pipe, with each piece, is fashioned from hearty Canadian grown Maple wood.
The Arctic Bubbler is the pinnacle of display equipment and a representation of Canadian heritage. The ideal addition to any collection, this hybrid water and dry pipe is handblown by skilled glass blowers utilizing heat-resistant and high-grade borosilicate glass and genuine Canadian-grown Maple wood.
Glass and Metal Pipes
Don't waste any smoking time and gets down to business with a straightforward list of glass and metal pipes.
1. Session Goods Pipe
This is interestingly made of thick tinted black borosilicate glass. With its eye-catching and classy design, a coloured silicone carry sleeve is also supplied to keep the pipe safe and sound wherever you take it.
A portable device with a specially created silicone sleeve that guards against ash buildup and damage. The pipe has a flat base, short roll stops, an ash-catching indent for clean hits, and small roll stops so it may rest flat on its side for loading. You can easily connect it to your purse or belt loop with a steel keychain.
2. Stainless Steel Solopipe
A uniquely a self-igniting pipe that’s perfect for travel - a built-in refillable lighter is right next to the bowl! Simply load a bowl and click on the lighter and it pulls directly into the herb. Never beg for a lighter ever again!
Comes with a hard shell case and cloth bag, light weight and sturdy, convenient for carrying on the go. Includes a cleaning kit and convenient access to remove any build-up
From the one-hitter to the award-winning designs, choosing the best ones on the market. We have selected three notable ones.
1. Snoop Dogg Pounds Friendship Sherlock Pipe
With the signature of the Dogg Father himself, this an impressive borosilicate glass hand pipe. A solid and sturdy piece with beautiful smoky color and is sure to be a hit (pun most intended!).
The Friendship Hand Pipe is the ideal travel companion since it is made of only the finest borosilicate glass and is slightly under 5 inches long. The spacious bowl can carry a good quantity of herbs, while the integrated honeycomb screen keeps ash and other debris out of the pipe.
2. The Eyce Hammer
Featuring an all-silicone body with a removable glass bowl that’s great for cleaning with the included metal poker. Not only delivering a superb smoke, but it also has a colorful and novel design with a body that is almost impossible to break
With secret storage in the base, a steel poker, and a handy tool holder, the huge, snap-in glass bowl of this item may be removed for simple cleaning. An ingenious ice chamber in the water bubble chamber enables you to make a pocket of built-in ice.
3. MAKO - SHARK PIPE
A beautiful, simplistic design inspired by the Shark. Originating in Oregon, Mako Glass is a collaborative effort between husband and wife who’ve been crafting glass since 1997. The ocean and sea life have been a major source of inspiration for their work.
Everything needed for durability, smoke quality, and cleanness. They consider themselves absolutely enamored with the art form of glassblowing and everything it entails, so keep an eye out for the Mako Glass style, which is becoming increasingly popular.
With hundreds of designs and price points available, it can be difficult to know what features and characteristics are important when picking out your cannabis paraphernalia.
First, consider what type of smoking experience you want. If you’re looking for something simple and portable then perhaps a one-hitter would be best for you. If you’re looking to smoke cannabis products efficiently and easily then a weed pipe might be the just-right choice for you.
If you loved this article then you will love our other article on The Best Way to Fill a One-Hitter Dugout
Leave a comment
Please note, comments must be approved before they are published