Ash Catcher 101: How To Use An Ash Catcher With a Bong
What is an Ash Catcher?
Weed smokers have a lot of questions about using an ash catcher. What is the purpose of an ash catcher? How does it work? Is it worth buying one? Why do people use them on bongs instead of just dumping out their ashes in the sink or trash can like they used to.
An ash catcher is a device that is commonly used in bongs and water pipes. It is designed to catch the ash and resin that builds up while smoking. This helps to keep your pipe clean and makes it easier to smoke.
Ash catchers come in a variety of shapes and sizes, and there are many different designs to choose from. Some Ash Catchers have extra percolator chambers for diffusion before inhalation, leading to smoother hits and less coughing. You can find diffusers for specific types of smoke such as showerhead or honeycomb percolators that will make your smoking experience much better!
Ash catchers are a great way to add some flair and functionality to your hookah. They can be used with any joint size, but it is recommended that you get one specifically made for each type of connection available on the market today: male or female joints.
Related Article: How to Properly Roll a Joint (Step-by-Step + Video Demonstration)
Most ash catchers come in different price brackets depending upon complexity/design as well as how large they are. If you are looking for a way to improve your smoking experience, an ash catcher is a great option!
How Does An Ash Catcher Work?
An ash catcher has two joints: one for your bowl, and the other to connect it with bongs. You insert the upwards-pointing joint into an attachment on top of any water pipe - downward-pointing ones go in between stems as well!
The pre-cooler helps cool down the smoke before it goes inside so you don't have hot ashes falling all over yourself or anything like that. They're also called "precoolers" because they act like little cooling systems too; helping keep things just right at peak combustion by isolating certain chambers during use while others are being smoked out.
Think of ash catchers as a bong connected to another, with smoke going down the inside and coming out cleaner than before. The pre-cooler’s chamber is isolated from all this action so it can grab any debris or ash that might have been missed by your joint's other components - like water diffusion for example!
The ash catchers provide a cleaner, more filtered hit by grabbing debris from your smoke before it goes through the connecting joint. This is perfect for when you want less work in cleaning bong as well!
5 Important Reasons To Use An Ash Catcher
- Spend more time enjoying your smoke and less cleaning! Many water pipes are too big to clean, but an ash catcher is easy enough. It's much easier to rinse or soak an ash catcher than a full-sized water pipe.
- Rejuvenate old sidekicks without buying a whole new pipe or without having to replace a favorite water pipe
- Using a water pipe is all about experimentation. Use an ash catcher to try out new percolators. Adding diffusion in water pipes is simple and easy to clean. Try switching up your hits by adding some diffusion to see how it affects the taste!
- Wish to have a longer, uninterrupted session.
- Add an element of style, creativity and a great talking point. They're for anyone who enjoys the look, or is looking to spice up their environment with something new!
How To Choose The Right Ash Catcher for Your Bong
Mechanically, your bong and ash catcher has to fit together at the downstream of your bong. Joint size is important for two reasons.
First, it needs to be large enough so that your water pipe and ash catcher are joined properly without blocking any airflow through the system when installed correctly; secondarily because you don't want them too tight or loose either way which could cause problems of its own!
- Joint Diameter: This is the size of your downstem, in which you need to make sure that the joint fits. 14mm is most common but they could be anywhere from 10-18 mm
- Joint Angle: The angle at which it comes out and connects with an ash catcher must match for a secure fit. Normally, it is at an angle between 45 degrees or 90 degrees turns so it can catch any leftover smoke without leaking or spilling out onto countertops during use!
- Joint Gender: There are many types of joints in a bong. For example, if your downstem has female joints then you will need male ones for the ash catchers to work properly with it and vice-versa. Designers often design their pieces as "joint genders" so that either sex can use them without issue!
Related Article: How To Use a Bong to Smoke Weed | Pros and Cons
The Right Percolator/Diffuser for your Ash Catcher
You may decide to purchase an ash catcher with built-in percolators. There is a variety:
- Tree percs that are straight up like branches from an old oak tree
- Inline or showerhead style where water flows through it at different angles resulting in more diffusion than just being flat on its side--these can be added into any other type of pipe for even greater effect
- Honeycomb design which has open cells running parallel down both sides allowing plenty of space between them so smoke bubbles out freely without obstruction by walls
How To Clean An Ash Catcher
All you need is some bong cleaning solutions used for clearing out a water pipe and some ziplock bags. Simply put it in one of these containers with your selected cleaner (shake well!) before rinsing thoroughly to make sure there are no stubborn buildups left behind!
For a more thorough cleaning, mix 90% isopropyl alcohol into a bowl before adding coarse salt (about 2 cups worth). Pour into your Ash Catcher and shake well to combine ingredients then dump out waste liquid from inside of the container. Next use warm water rinse thoroughly with soap until all traces are gone or leave it to soak overnight if you would like at least 24 hours in between washes
Related Article: How to Clean Your Herb Grinder (Ultimate Guide)
The thought of smoking your favorite dry herbs and concentrates without any worries is a dream come true. But what if you could also avoid the dreaded buildup of ash? That’s where an ash catcher comes in handy! The correct purchasing decision is important, you should consider what size ash catcher you need, how much space it will take up in your bong, and the type of material that's best for your needs.
We hope this article has provided a few tips on choosing an ash catcher and has helped you understand how to choose the right ash catcher for your bong, as well as why it can be such a great investment.
Deixe um comentário
Os comentários precisam ser aprovados antes de serem publicados